Join ILAC International College to build a successful career today !
Who are we looking for?
A highly motivated, dynamic and dedicated professional to join our College team in a Co-op Employer Relations role.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, innovative, self-starter who thrives in a multicultural, fast-paced environment.
The Co-op Employer Relations Specialist is responsible for both advising and supporting students in their co-op job search and identifying and securing new employers for student placements. Through labour market research, the Co-op Employer Relations Specialist identifies employers for ILACIC co-op placements and builds, manages and maintains mutually beneficial co-op partnerships with potential employers for new and existing ILACIC co-op programs. The incumbent manages key accounts, monitors and supports students’ success for the duration of their co-op placement.
What you will be doing:
- Establish and develop relationships with targeted employers and organizations across a variety of sectors and industries through cold calling, emails, networking events, site visits, lunches, association meetings, conferences, etc.;
- Create high visibility for ILACIC students within relevant professional communities;
- Grow the number of placement opportunities for ILACIC students through establishing and communicating a strong ILACIC brand and profile with potential employers;
- Arrange site visits to organizations across sectors, (e.g. Hotels, Restaurant, Coffee shops, startups, small, medium and large organizations across sector and industry) and other potential employers to increase ILACIC visibility and strengthen our brand with potential employers in the targeted industry and sector;
- Grow the number of on-and off-campus interviews and information sessions for ILACIC graduates.
- Coordinate and manage placements for ILACIC students attending the practicum as a graduation requirement;
- Arrange relevant and inspiring Guest Speakers to share Canadian workplace practices with SEB students in preparation for their practicum placement;
- Coordinate and report on ILACIC graduate and employer surveys;
- Update, distribute, collect, and analyze the graduate survey data for ILACIC students; provide comprehensive and interpretive periodic reports to share survey findings and industry analysis;
- Serve as the main point of contact for communication and outreach to employers as well as co-op students;
- Place students in the relevant positions by effectively analyzing resumes, advising students and making effective recommendations based on their experience and education;
- Assist the Academic Manager and Student Experience Specialist, to organize and present job-search, LinkedIn, interview, and resume writing strategies workshops to ILAC students;
- Assist students who are still in class to land part-time jobs as needed;
- Arrange volunteering activities for the students, either through ILAC; or ILAC higher education workshop, and external activities;
- Conduct students’ three practicum evaluations as required by the ministry, first by phone, second in person or by email, and third in person or by email, document and file all evaluation;
- Approve final practicum essay review (about three pages);
- keep student and employer files up to date with attention to Ministry guidelines and compliance as will be directed by ILACIC compliance officer;
- Contribute to the planning and execution of successful orientations, and participation in ILACIC internal promotional/recruitment events for ILAC students;
- Contribute to successful social media and marketing campaigns by coordinating co-op and alumni success stories and employer testimonials to be covered by marketing. Success will be measured by quality and number of co-op, alumni and employer testimonials per year and engagement with marketing team.
- Other duties as required.
- Strong Persuasion and Sales Skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication Skills
- Excellent presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Quality and Excellence Orientation
- Positive Team player
- Problem Solving Skills
- Business Development Skills
- Ethics and Culture sensitivity
- Exceptional Planning and Organizing skills
- College Diploma or higher, University degree in business, marketing, or communication preferred;
- 2-3 years of experience in administrative and /or marketing role, in educational field preferred;
- Ability to build, manage and maintain relationships with business partners;
- Solid leadership, negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills;
- Excellent customer service, marketing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and with those for whom English is a second language
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Dynamic presentation skills to lead presentations and orientation sessions;
- Ability to think critically to identify problems and propose solutions;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently;
- Strong computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word;
- Basic mathematical competence
You also bring:
- Willingness for self-development and day-to-day learning;
- Enthusiasm and passion for customer service;
- International experience.
Apply Now! We are accepting applications immediately!
HOW TO APPLY:
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including your cover letter and resume;
- Include your resume and a cover letter (tell us why you want to work with ILACIC);
- Please make sure the subject line of your email states Co-op Employer Relations Specialist ;
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and available to start immediately.
We thank all candidates who are interested in applying for the position, kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.